Hallmark study found the average monetary gift amounts: $25 is average for a close friend (or child of a close friend). 67% believe that $50 or more is appropriate for a close relative. $20 is the average for a not so close friend.
What is the going rate for a high school graduation gift?
Shutterfly notes that most gifts fall between $20-100 dollars. The amounts can range depending on your relationship, but ranges include: Friends and siblings: $20-75. Parents: $100 or more.
How much money should I give my daughter for high school graduation?
For those who are close to you and graduating from high school, a cash gift in the range of $50 – $100 is most often appropriate. If the person is part of your immediate family, the gift should be appropriate to what your family does in gift giving situations.
What is a good cash amount for a graduation gift?
How much – This depends on how familiar you are with the graduate. Shutterfly suggests a gift of $15 to $30 for a sibling. Grandparents, aunts, and uncles should consider giving between $20 and $50. More distant relatives and family friends $15 on up is appropriate.
How much should I give my nephew for high school graduation?
Re: High school graduation monetary gift for nephew
If he would appreciate it, $1,000 would be great. Any number of $100 bills that you chose to give would be fine, or an equivalent check.
What is the best graduation gift for high school?
The 28 Best High School Graduation Gifts
- Headphones for limiting distractions. Photo: Rozette Rago. …
- Hot beverages all day. Photo: Michael Hession. …
- Gentle waking. Photo: Sarah Kobos. …
- A do-everything pressure cooker. Photo: Michael Hession. …
- Popcorn done right. Photo: Amazon. …
- A quirky clock. …
- The coziest blanket. …
- A waterproof backpack.
What do you say to a high school graduating senior?
- “Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Warmest congratulations on your graduation.”
- “Congratulations on your graduation and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “So happy to share in the excitement of your graduation day, and so very proud of you, too!”
- “With love and pride today and always,”
What should I give my daughter for high school graduation?
Below are a few options for everything from books to travel.
- Everything: Visa Gift Card / Amazon Gift Card / Gift Amazon Prime Membership.
- School books: Amazon Gift Card.
- Coffee: Starbucks Gift Card.
- Entertainment: Netflix Gift Card / Fandango Gift Card.
- Transportation: Uber Gift Card.
- Furniture: Amazon Gift Card.
What is a good graduation present?
The top 5 graduation gifts for her:
- A Brooklinen gift card for nice new sheets for her adult apartment.
- A pair of gold earrings she’ll own forever.
- A book about making the most of your twenties.
- A nice work bag from Dagne Dover or Senreve.
- An Amazon gift card for all the little essentials she’ll need.
Is it OK to write a check for a graduation gift?
When trying to determine how much to give as a graduation gift, always stay within your budget. … While writing a check for $20 may feel appropriate for some, while others may feel the need to send a larger amount because they are high earners or have a close relationship with the graduate.
What do you put in a graduation gift basket?
It is so easy and fun to put together a basket of good graduation gifts for the graduating student.
Here are a few other cheap graduation gift ideas from the dollar store:
- Summer Toiletry items.
- Beauty items.
- Playing Cards.
How do you give money for graduation?
40 Creative Money Gifts for the Grad!
- 1-Money Wreath from Sugar Bee Crafts.
- 2-Diploma Money from Crafty Morning.
- 3-Money Tree from Good Housekeeping.
- 4-Graduation Money Card from Tatertots & Jello.
- 5-Money Bulb from Good Housekeeping.
- 6-Money Candy from Simply J Studio.
- 7-Money Chain from Less than Perfect Life of Bliss.
- 8-Cold Hard Cash from Mommy Savers.