Instead of bringing a gift, ask each guest to bring a copy of their favorite book to the party. Pass the books around so that every guest can sign or write a short message in each book. Then swap books so that everyone goes home with a different book than they came with.
How do you ask for no gifts?
Be honest. The best strategy for asking for no gifts (or fewer gifts) is to be as honest as possible. Let them know that you’ve been focused on simplifying and decluttering, or that you’re working on a tight budget this year and are unable to participate in the same level of gift-giving.
How do you politely ask for no gifts on an invitation?
‘NO GIFTS’ WORDING
- Gift us only with the honour of your presence.
- Your presence is the best gift we can hope to receive.
- Please, no gifts. …
- No presents please, just your presence.
- Please bring only your company and your appetite.
- Your presence at the celebration is enough of a present.
- Your presence is the only present desired.
22 нояб. 2015 г.
How do you ask for a book instead of toys?
How to (politely) ask for books
- Discuss your motives for desiring books with friends and family. …
- If you’ll be throwing a party, use books as your theme. …
- Ask someone, e.g. your mother, to spread the word for you. …
- Leave it off the invitation but spread the word as people RSVP.
1 авг. 2018 г.
What is a polite way to say no gifts?
You can say something like, “Tony and I would prefer that guests don’t bring gifts. We feel blessed enough that you’re choosing to spend the day with us.” You can also choose to give an excuse like, “Tony and I don’t have room for a lot of wedding gifts, so we’d rather guests gift us with their presence.”
Is it rude to decline a gift?
Refusing gifts is generally considered to be rude. … Everyone deserves to experience happiness in giving gifts. People are afraid that declining a gift can harm the relationship. However, there are some situations where declining the gifts might be easier than awkwardly accepting it.
Is it rude to ask for no gifts?
It is perfectly polite to request no gifts. It’s not an either-or situation in which either you have a party and get gifts or you don’t have a party at all. It’s perfectly reasonable to want a party but not want presents. Asking for a donation to charity is rude, though.
How do you ask for money instead of toys?
- Let the Guests Know How You’ll Spend the Money.
- Ask for Gift Cards.
- Let Some People Give you the Actual Gifts.
- Don’t Be Greedy.
How do you ask for something nicely?
Use “WOULD YOU DO ME A FAVOR.” This is often used and you must use it when you are asking for a special request or favor. Other phrases for asking something to someone nicely are “DO YOU MIND,” WOULD YOU MIND, COULD I, WOULD IT BE OK IF, WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE, WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO, etc.
How do you ask for no toys at a birthday party?
There is no better and more effective way to ask for no toys than to say it – either written in the invitation or verbal. Try this: “If you want to give a gift to our child, we prefer books, clothes, gift cards, school stuff, or shoes instead of playthings .”
How do I suggest a birthday gift?
The best way to let them know you want gifts for a birthday is to include the request in the invitations. So, how to ask for presents on invitations? Write something funny, things that will make your guests laugh, and get the subtle hint.
How do you say please instead of gifts?
Some suggestions for no gifts please wording include: Please let your charitable donation to [organization] be your only gifts to us. Your presence is your present. In lieu of a gift, a contribution to [organization] would be greatly appreciated.
How do you say no politely?
4 different ways to say no that still make you likeable
- “Let me think about it.” This is a polite and professional way of asking for more time to consider the request. …
- “The idea sounds great! It’s just that . . . ” …
- “I can’t today. …
- “I’m sorry, but I can’t.” …
- 4 steps to back out of a commitment gracefully.
3 дек. 2018 г.
What does no gifts please really mean?
When a birthday party invitation asks for no gifts, it really does mean no gifts. Most parents are not trying to sugar coat anything, make anyone feel better, or even upset you. When I tell someone I don’t want gifts for my kids, it means I don’t want anything else in my house.