$25 is average for a close friend (or child of a close friend). 67% believe that $50 or more is appropriate for a close relative. $20 is the average for a not so close friend. NRF states 32% of consumers buy a gift for at least one graduate, so manage your resources accordingly.
How much money should I give for graduation?
How much – This depends on how familiar you are with the graduate. Shutterfly suggests a gift of $15 to $30 for a sibling. Grandparents, aunts, and uncles should consider giving between $20 and $50. More distant relatives and family friends $15 on up is appropriate.
How much money do you give for college graduation 2019?
But in fact, many graduates would prefer to receive money as a gift and you can get creative with your cash. If you’re not close to the graduate, you should give a cash gift in the range of $20-$100 to remain modest and appropriate in light of your relationship.
How much money should I give my daughter for high school graduation?
For those who are close to you and graduating from high school, a cash gift in the range of $50 – $100 is most often appropriate. If the person is part of your immediate family, the gift should be appropriate to what your family does in gift giving situations.
What do you give someone for a graduation gift?
The top 5 graduation gifts for her:
- A Brooklinen gift card for nice new sheets for her adult apartment.
- A pair of gold earrings she’ll own forever.
- A book about making the most of your twenties.
- A nice work bag from Dagne Dover or Senreve.
- An Amazon gift card for all the little essentials she’ll need.
What is the going rate for a high school graduation gift?
Shutterfly notes that most gifts fall between $20-100 dollars. The amounts can range depending on your relationship, but ranges include: Friends and siblings: $20-75. Parents: $100 or more.
Is it OK to write a check for a graduation gift?
When trying to determine how much to give as a graduation gift, always stay within your budget. … While writing a check for $20 may feel appropriate for some, while others may feel the need to send a larger amount because they are high earners or have a close relationship with the graduate.
What do you do with graduation money?
Here are five smart ways to spend your graduation money that could put you at the head of the class financially:
- Kick-start your emergency fund. …
- Pay down some of your student loan debt. …
- Get a jump on saving for retirement. …
- Start your home down payment fund. …
- Make a move.
What should I write in a graduation card?
- “Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Warmest congratulations on your graduation.”
- “Congratulations on your graduation and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “So happy to share in the excitement of your graduation day, and so very proud of you, too!”
- “With love and pride today and always,”
What should I give my daughter for high school graduation?
Below are a few options for everything from books to travel.
- Everything: Visa Gift Card / Amazon Gift Card / Gift Amazon Prime Membership.
- School books: Amazon Gift Card.
- Coffee: Starbucks Gift Card.
- Entertainment: Netflix Gift Card / Fandango Gift Card.
- Transportation: Uber Gift Card.
- Furniture: Amazon Gift Card.
How much money should you give a grandchild for high school graduation?
If you are well off then $100 personally to grandchild. $2k to cover transportation and books or just help with expenses. But if you have been putting money into their educational fund then you don’t have to give anymore money. If you are struggling then give them $50 or how much you can afford.
What is a good graduation gift for a boy?
The top 5 best high school graduation gifts for him:
- A smart-looking watch, from $95.
- A comfortable pair of sneakers, $95.
- A customizable travel mug, $29.99.
- A portable wireless speaker, from $72.99.
- A handy toolkit, from $27.99.