To make it harder to use a stolen credit card online, many websites use a procedure called Address Verification System (AVS) to ensure the card number being used for payment matches the billing address on file with the bank.
Why is my Visa gift card being declined?
There are a number of possible reasons why a purchase could be declined: You don’t have enough money left on your card. You haven’t activated or registered your card. The address you gave to make an online or phone purchase is different from the address you have on file with your prepaid card provider.
Can you use Visa gift cards to make online purchases?
Can I use my Visa Gift card for online or phone purchases? Yes. Your Visa Gift card is intended for use anywhere Visa cards are accepted. To make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card.
Why can’t I use a Visa gift card on Amazon?
You can use a prepaid Visa gift card to make purchases on Amazon, but you have to work around the system to make it happen. Amazon will not allow split payments between gift cards loaded onto an account and other payment methods, so you have to line up the price of your purchases with your gift card balance.
Why can’t I buy things online with my Visa Gift Card?
If you have a problem using your gift card for online or telephone purchases, the most likely reason is that the merchant’s fraud screening process is matching the billing information entered at checkout with the billing information on your gift card account. If the addresses don’t match, the card may decline.8 мая 2020 г.
How long does it take for a visa gift card to activate?
What to Expect After You Activate a Gift Card. After you activate the gift card, it should be ready to use. I have seen some cases where a gift card issuer imposes a waiting period after purchase, meaning the gift card may not be usable for up to 24-48 hours even though it has been activated.
How do I activate my Visa gift card online?
Activating Your Card Online. Visit the activation link listed on the sticker on front of your card. If you don’t feel like making a phone call, you can usually activate your gift card online. There should be an activation link listed either on back of your card or on the sticker on the front of your card.
How do you use two Visa gift cards online?
But since a Visa gift card is entered into the debit or credit card field, there’s no other place to enter your debit or credit card to complete the transaction. Without a little creativity, there is generally no way to use more than one Visa card to complete an online purchase.
How can I pay online with VISA card?
5 Steps to Pay Online With a Credit Card
- Enter Your Shipping Address.
- Choose “Credit Card” as Your Payment Method.
- Enter Your Info as It Appears on Your Credit Card.
- Enter the Billing Address for Your Credit Card.
- Verify Your Information.
How do I use a vanilla gift card online?
- Make sure the balance of the Vanilla Gift Card is more than the entire cost of the purchase, including taxes. …
- Select ‘Credit’ or ‘Debit’ as the payment method (Do not select ‘Gift Card’)
- In the Payment Method section, enter the card information as you would a credit or debit card.
How can I turn a Visa gift card into cash?
How to convert Visa gift cards to cash
- Use your Visa gift card to buy other merchants’ gift cards. …
- Add it to your PayPal wallet. …
- Add it to your Venmo account. …
- Pay your bills with your Visa gift card. …
- Go to a Gift Card Exchange Kiosk to trade it in. …
- Sell your Visa gift card through an app. …
- Convert your Visa gift card to cash by selling it to a website.
How do I check the amount on my Visa Gift Card?
Check Card Balance
Please enter in your 16-digit Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Reward Card number followed by the 3-digit CVV code located on the back of your card. There is no fee to check your balance. On the back of your gift card there is a 3-digit number on the far right of the signature box.
What name do I put for a visa gift card?
When registering the gift card, enter your first and last name, just as you would on a credit card.
How do you set up a Visa gift card?
- Register Card. Please enter your card information below to register your card. Enter Gift Card Number. …
- Please enter your card information below to view your transactions or balance. Enter Gift Card Number. Enter Expiration Date. …
- Personalize PIN. Please enter your card information below to personalize your PIN.
Why is my card being declined online when I have money?
The payment amount exceeds your daily spending limit. The payment is larger than the maximum transaction allowed for your account. Your debit card has been locked by your issuing institution.