Just keep in mind that unlike cards for specific stores and restaurants, the American Express and Visa gift cards have activation fees. For AMEX, the fee was $5.95 to purchase. For Visa, check the racks carefully. For some reason, they had a range of activation prices between $3.95 and $5.95.
Can I buy a prepaid Visa card at CVS?
Visa Gift Cards are Sold in Stores. Walk into any major grocery store, drug store or gas station and you will likely find a rack of gift cards. … CVS also sells prepaid debit cards like Green Dot and Vanilla Visa.
Is there a fee for a visa gift card?
The answer is no. Visa, Mastercard®, American Express® and other bank-issued gift cards charge a purchase fee to cover the money they have to pay to third parties like the store, the program manager, and the processor.
Does CVS charge a fee for gift cards?
No, the gift cards have no dormancy fees or other fees. Can the gift cards be redeemed for cash? No, the gift cards can be redeemed for merchandise only. Not redeemable for cash or credit except where required by law.
Where can I purchase a prepaid Visa card?
You can buy prepaid cards at retail locations (such as grocery stores and drug stores), online, over the phone, or from some banks and credit unions. If you buy the card online, you may then be issued a virtual card, or you may receive a physical card in the mail at a later time.
How much is a prepaid Visa card at Walgreens?
Choose a Card
Visit Walgreens and decide whether you’d like a Visa or Mastercard prepaid card. The cost for each card is $7.95 per month, but the fee will be waived for any month you load $1,000 or more to the card. There’s no credit check to get the card, no overdraft fees and no purchase transaction fees.
How much is a prepaid Visa card at Walmart?
Walmart MoneyCard PricingCard Purchase Fee$1.00Monthly Charge*$5.00Direct Deposit ReloadNo feeReload via Walmart check cashingNo feeRapid Reload$3.00Ещё 9 строк
How much is a $50 Visa gift card?
Compare with similar itemsThis item $50 Visa Gift Card (plus $4.95 Purchase Fee)$50 Mastercard Gift Card (plus $4.95 Purchase Fee) #1 Best SellerPrice$5495$5495ShippingFREE Shipping. DetailsFREE Shipping. DetailsSold ByAmazon Payments, Inc.Amazon Payments, Inc.Denomination5050Ещё 4 строки
What is the maximum amount for a visa gift card?
These cards, such as the Visa Vanilla, are gift cards that can be loaded for any amount from $20-$500 up to $500 per card, with a one-time, $4.95 fee per load.
How can I get cash from a Visa gift card?
How to convert Visa gift cards to cash
- Use your Visa gift card to buy other merchants’ gift cards. …
- Add it to your PayPal wallet. …
- Add it to your Venmo account. …
- Pay your bills with your Visa gift card. …
- Go to a Gift Card Exchange Kiosk to trade it in. …
- Sell your Visa gift card through an app. …
- Convert your Visa gift card to cash by selling it to a website.
What is the best prepaid card with no fees?
17 Best Prepaid Debit Cards with No Fees for 2021
- Best with No Monthly Fees: NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card.
- Best with No PIN Transaction Fees: PayPal Prepaid Mastercard®
- Best with No Signature Transaction Fees: NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card.
- Best with No Reload Fees: NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card.
How does a Visa gift card work?
The Visa Gift card is a “non-reloadable prepaid” card, meaning the initial value is set by the person who purchased the card. Additional funds cannot be added later. The Visa Gift card carries the Visa logo like any other Visa card, so it can be used at the millions of places that accept Visa cards, including online.
What happens if you lose a gift card?
Once you have the gift card number (or as much information as you can find), call customer service for the merchant that issued the gift card. … If the card hasn’t been used, ask if it can be cancelled and a replacement gift card issued. (You may have to pay a fee to get a replacement card.)
Does Walmart sell prepaid Visa cards?
About Walmart MoneyCard. The Walmart MoneyCard is a prepaid debit card that offers a safer, more convenient way to pay than cash. … You can use your MoneyCard wherever Visa debit cards are accepted.
What is the best prepaid Visa card?
The 7 Best Prepaid Debit Cards of 2021
- American Express Serve FREE Reloads: Best for Cash Reloads.
- American Express Serve Cash Back: Best for Cash Rewards.
- Netspend Prepaid: Best for Direct Deposits.
- Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card: Best for No Fees.
- Akimbo Prepaid MasterCard: Best for Budgeting.
What is the best reloadable Visa card?
Best Reloadable Credit Cards Online in 2021
- PayPal Prepaid Mastercard®: Best for Direct Deposit. …
- NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card: Best for Everday Use. …
- NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card: Best for Flexibility. …
- BlueBird® by American Express®: Best for Budgeting. …
- American Express® Serve®: Best for Onsite Shopping.