Do children’s hospitals take toy donations?
The Hospitals accept donations of new toys still in packaging that can be given to patients ranging in age from newborns to late teens. Unfortunately, due to hygiene risk, used toys cannot be accepted.
What can I send my child in the hospital?
Gifts For Sick Children In Hospital
- Mermaid Tail Blanket. All little girls love mermaids and want to be one! …
- Shark Tail Blanket. I had to include one for the boys too, these animal blankies are so adorable. …
- Imagination Magnets. …
- Tape Activity Book. …
- Magnetic Fun. …
- Activity Book. …
- Color Wonder. …
- Weighted Plush Toy.
Where can I donate new toys in my area?
New and Unwrapped Holiday Toy Donations
- Toys for Tots.
- Spark of Love.
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
- Operation Homefront.
- PALS Police Activities League.
- Los Angeles County Toy Loan.
What are good donated toys?
8 Great Children’s Gifts for Charities This Holiday Season
- Blocks and Legos. …
- Sports items. …
- Stuffed animals, Barbies, and other dolls. …
- Action figures. …
- Art supplies. …
- Board games and puzzles. …
- Books. …
- Hot Wheels and other toy cars.
Can you donate used stuffed animals to children’s hospital?
Many hospitals will accept donated toys for their young patients to play with, or to keep children entertained in the waiting room; the same thing goes for doctor’s offices. But keep in mind: If you want to donate toys to your local children’s hospital, they must be new.
Does Ronald McDonald House accept stuffed animal donations?
We do not accept used or opened items. We do not take donations of used furniture, used books, used toys (games, videos, etc.) or used stuffed toys. To ensure a high level of safety and sanitization, all wish list donations will be held in quarantine for seven days prior to distribution to families.
What do you say to parents of sick babies?
DO let them know you care. DON’T try to ‘fix’ anything. Lucille really appreciated when friends got in touch. She said the best way for her was when they sent a simple text message along the lines of: “No need to reply, just saying congratulations and I’m here for you if you need anything.”
What do you say to a mother of a sick child?
Words of Encouragement or Messages for a Sick Child
- I’m sorry you are going through this tough time. Everyone values honesty. …
- I think about you all the time. …
- I’m praying for you. …
- You’re so strong to go through all this. …
- You have a great team of people behind you! …
- I love you! …
- I’m going to bring you a _____.
What can I do for a friend with a child in the hospital?
10 Things You Can Do for a Friend With a Child in the Hospital
- A good cup of coffee will be greatly appreciated.
- Visit them at the hospital, even it’s a short stay.
- Bring food from outside the hospital.
- Take the siblings out.
- Don’t forget to smile.
- Tell your friend you’re going to pray and then do it.
- Create a care package.
- • Clothing: For your friend or their kid.
Can I donate used toys to Toys for Tots?
Toys for Tots
While you may associate Toys for Tots with a call for new, unwrapped toys, the Marine-facilitated charity also takes used toys in great shape. If you have a box to donate, head over to the Toys for Tots website, where you can enter your state and schedule a pickup or find a drop-off location.
What do you do with stuffed animals you don’t want?
While holiday toy drives like Toys for Tots require new, unopened items when it comes to donations, many charity-run thrift shops will gladly take your family’s used stuffed animals off your hands. This helps parents that normally can’t afford new toys to purchase some nice things for their kids.
Does Goodwill accept stuffed animals?
Holiday Donation Tip: Goodwill is happy to accept donations of clean plush toys in good condition. Make another child’s holiday season brighter by donating stuffed toys that are no longer played with in your home.
What kind of toys do Toys for Tots give?
While there are many lists of popular toys for kids of all ages, there is no donation wish list for Toys for Tots. Popular toy categories include sporting equipment, books, backpacks, board games, radio control cars/trucks, hand-held electronics, and skateboards/helmets.
What toys do Toys for Tots need?
Toys for Tots Gift Guidelines
- preferably around the $10 or above price range.
- books are also needed (children receive 2 toys each and 3 books count as ONE gift!)
- homemade toys are also accepted.
How do I get rid of old toys?
Toys to get rid of should include broken items, which you can throw out. It should also include items in good condition that your child no longer plays with. You can donate many in the latter group to charities or thrift stores, or pass them down to the children of friends.