When you’re invited to an occasion this happy, you’ll definitely want to come prepared—not only with a gift, but also with all your warmest wishes in a baby shower card. When you go to sign a baby shower card, there’s a little added pressure, because your card will likely be read aloud or passed around among guests.
Do you send a card for a baby shower?
If you’ve been invited to a baby shower, with any luck the invitation will give you some idea about the type of event that this baby shower will be. … Whatever the requirements for gifts or otherwise, your good wishes for the new baby are best expressed via a baby shower card.
What is the etiquette for baby showers?
A baby shower should be held four to six weeks before the due date, unless the honoree prefers to have it after the child is born (for example, if her religion encourages this or if she has chosen to keep the baby’s sex a surprise and doesn’t want gender-neutral gifts).
Do you write a baby shower card to both parents?
If it’s a couples’ shower, include both parents-to-be in your well wishes. For ladies-only showers, you can address simply to the expecting mom.
Who should give a baby shower?
Who Hosts a Baby Shower? Most baby showers should be hosted by a sister, mother, mother-in-law, or close friend. Baby showers were traditionally thrown by family members who weren’t close with the parents-to-be, to avoid the assumption that close family members wanted to collect gifts for themselves.
What do you write in a baby shower card funny?
Funny Baby Shower Card Messages
- Your new arrival is blessed to have such wonderful parents in you two. …
- Parenthood: the scariest hood you’ll ever go through.
- A toast to the bun in your oven!
- Can’t wait to welcome your new tiny Overlord!
- You’re a parent. …
- To the Mom most likely to teach neighborhood kids how to swear.
Who pays for a baby shower?
Who Traditionally Pays for a Baby Shower? The hostess traditionally pays for the baby shower and its associated costs. However, the hostess can divide up the responsibility and costs by asking a few close family members or friends to co-host.
Is there a dress code for baby shower?
Since the dress code for a baby shower can vary widely (think: backyard brunch vs. … For a fancier event, a nice dress or skirt-and-blouse combo are a safe bet. If you prefer pants, opt for dress pants and heels over jeans or leggings.
What kind of food do you serve at a baby shower?
“People typically graze during baby showers and eat tiny finger foods rather than hot meals,” Camp says.
- A variety of cheeses (just make sure they’re all pasteurized)
- Dips and jams.
- Grapes, berries and dry fruit.
- Breadsticks, gluten-free crackers and sliced baguettes.
Does baby shower hostess give gift?
If you can’t attend the baby shower, let the host or hostess know so soon as possible. Additionally, although gifts and treats are always welcome, there’s no need to feel obligated to send something.
What should I write on a baby shower card?
- “So happy for you.”
- “Wishing all the best for you and your baby-to-be.”
- “Wishing you sweet times ahead…”
- “Can’t wait to meet baby!”
- “Your family is about to get even cuter.”
- “Blessings to baby and you.”
- “Praying for a safe and healthy delivery for both you and baby.”
What do I write on a card for a shower?
- “So happy for you.”
- “With warmest wishes for the bride-to-be…”
- “What a busy and exciting time! …
- “Please don’t mind my happy tears. …
- “Wishing you all the best today, on your wedding day, and in your life together.”
- “Blessings to you as you prepare to say I do.”
- “Just wanted to shower you with some happy wishes!”
What do you say to first time parents?
New Baby Wishes
- “So happy for you two! …
- “Ahhh! …
- “You two deserve every bit of happiness this baby is going to bring you.”
- “So many happy and wonder-filled times ahead for you… …
- “Warmest congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl!”
- “Love just got real. …
- “Welcome to the world, little one!
What is a unique gift for a baby shower?
26 Unique Baby Shower Gifts Any Expecting Mom Will Love
- A Calming Journal. 52 Lists for Calm: Journaling Inspiration for Soothing Anxiety and Creating a Peaceful Life. …
- A Bath Supporter. …
- A Multipurpose Blanket. …
- A Cute Pacifier Clip. …
- A Versatile Diaper Backpack. …
- A Baby-Bottle Warmer. …
- A Portable Baby Bed. …
- A Pair of Baby Booties.
How much should a baby shower cost?
Depending on the number of guests, the location, the food, and other considerations, a baby shower can easily cost anywhere between $100 to $1000 – and celebrities like Beyoncé have pulled costs up to $500,000!
Can a mother throw a baby shower for her daughter?
HELEN’S ANSWER: It is still proper for close friends, co-workers, aunts and cousins to give baby showers for the mother-to-be. … A reader shared with me about a mother who hosted a baby shower for her daughter because all of her friends had many wedding showers.